Manchester Autonomous Students
– Make sure each task is action pointed to someone – and if a group someone is asked to bottom line it.
1) MATERIALS FOR MAS/THINGS TO DO
– Regular videos
– Flyers/cards (with website – who we are and all of that)
– Weekly bulletin (MCC bulletin on back)
– Sign up sheets, e-mail address, email account, wordpress (calendar), facebook group, person, twitter, events, email list – password available for admins only.
– Door to door
– Public Event
– Skill share workshops
– Bottom lining (calling each person who is supposed to do everything each day and maybe filling in)
2) WHEN AND WHERE TO FLYER/ GO DOOR TO DOOR?
DOOR TO DOOR
– Ask them to SIGN UP TO SOCIETY – what do you do?
– We RUN COOL RUNNINGS FUNDRAISER
– We are BUILDING FOR 26th MARCH
– We are CAMPAIGNING AGAINST CUTS (AND OTHER ISSUES) WITH STUDENTS
– MAKE VIDEOS – look for new creative ideas – ask them what they do.
– Invite to public event – maybe the film showings? Maybe debate
(ADD IN HOW OFTEN AND FOR HOW LONG – roughly two hours each a week)
– Union/N Campus/Owens Park/Grovsnor/Sugden sports/Whitworth/Man Met/ Xaverian/Salford/Preston/Bolton/Library/Uni Bar
Once elections begin no door to door or library
3) INTELLECTUAL SELF DEFENCE
Crib sheet – classic questions to do with cuts and with actions answers from MULE/TABZ/NINJA – add things communally
4) MAS DETAILS FOR PRODUCTION (put on website and make available for any repro – decide at end of meeting, but make sure we realise that we know we’re going to chat about this)
– Who is MAS
– When do MAS meet and where. What other regular events.
– Contact details
– Public debate, organise and invite all – maybe with SAC?
5) OTHER POINTS
– National Network – ASN
– Takining minutes Guide, facilitator training
Tuesdays have been suggested as ok
DOC + READING – Summate and discuss 1/2hour
WHAT’S HAPPENED – hear a headline of major stories then pick three to discuss
SKILLS – have a selection of reads available and discuss
For showings – Shock Doctrine, Children of Men, The War on Democracy, The Corporation,
Food Inc., Crude, Battle in Seattle, The War You Don’t See, Fight Club, V for Vendetta.